You have decided that you are going to be a voice over artist because you feel that you have the natural talent for it. Aside from your natural talent though, there are still a lot more that you should work on. It does not mean that just because you have a great voice, you will already start doing this job.
You should remember that there are so many other people with amazing voices. You are not the only one. Having an opportunity handed to you will be important but there are times when you truly need to work hard in order to become noticed.
The voice over artists rates may change depending on how good the artist is. There are some who are paid more because they are well known and they have already proven that they are reliable. There are also some who would have to start with small fees and rates because they still have to show their skills. If you can show that you can improve, this will be good for you.
Here are some tips that you have to remember:
- You can start reading books about doing voice overs. Are you surprised that there are books about it? You should not be surprised because people have been interested in it for a long time. If you cannot find a paperback or a hardbound book, you may search for e-books instead. They are in abundance online. Make sure to invest in something that can give the details that you are searching for.
- Make sure that you can say words cleanly. If there is one thing that you should learn, it is how you can convey the voice without being muffled or unclear to people. The cleaner your voice is, the more that you will be sought after for various gigs.
- Another thing that you have to work on is consistency. How can you show that you are reliable and that you are good at what you do? You have to be consistent. The more consistent you are, the more that you will be getting work.
- Allow confidence to be evident through your voice. The only time when you cannot sound confident is when you are conveying a character that is insecure but if you are doing a documentary or a radio commercial, make sure that your voice sounds confident. It will make people trust whatever you are endorsing more.
- Allow yourself to be surrounded by people whom you know are better than you. This will allow you to realize that you are not the best. At the same time, the realization will help you strive. It will make you understand that you can do better. At the same time, you can learn from those people. They may be willing to give some tips that will be useful to you.
If there is one thing you should remember, it is this: your voice is the ultimate thing that you need to protect. The moment that you lose it, you can lose jobs. You need to know how you can preserve your voice especially when you are getting one assignment after the other. Do you think that the tips mentioned above are easy to follow?